VickySmith

Never Give in to Fear: Laughing All the Way Up From Rock Bottom

Never Give in to Fear: Laughing All the Way Up From Rock Bottom - Marti MacGibbon

What made you want to read this book?

It is about addiction. I personally understand addiction. Having lived with an alcoholic myself and watching my father as an alcoholic this book was personal for me.

Did the book live up to the description? Did the title fit the book?

The description yes, Mac Gibbon, gave everything and more. Oh yes. The title: Never Give In To Fear was perfect. The author shows that no matter what, do not give in to the fear you are feeling. This is perfect not just for someone with addiction but anyone.

What do you think motivated the author to share her life story?

Before reading, I questioned why someone would want to share things like addiction, human trafficking, and abuse. I felt this would be a sob story where the author just wanted to get sympathy for their problem.

After reading, I realized that the author only wanted to share. Mac Gibbon, keeps the story upbeat. Yes, what happened is horrible, but I feel she is hoping that if one person is saved from going thru this experience she has accomplished her goal.

Do you think the author is trying to elict a certain response for readers, such as sympathy?

No, I feel the author does not expect sympathy from anyone. To me it felt like telling this story helped in her recovery.

How did the author draw the reader in and keep the reader engaged?

The author portrays humor and comedy, this will keep the reader guessing with some laughter.