VickySmith

Serving Time (Servants of Time)

Serving Time - Nadine Ducca Reviewer's Note - None of us at the Quality Reads UK Book Club has finished reading or discussing Serving Time by Nadine Ducca. We have been asked to post our reviews early. This review is based on the first 60% of the book and may change at a later date once we finish reading and discussing the book.

Which did you find more appealing, the introduction or the conclusion? I can't really talk about the conclusion because we haven't got to that point yet and the introduction wasn't appealing to me. It didn't pull me in as much as other science fiction novels have done and it was long-winded. However, once you pass this point and start meeting the characters in the story, you will be blown away. The scenic setting, the character development and the plot which the author seems to twist and turn every chance she gets makes this my new favourite read. As long as I get to the end and there is no cliffhanger (wait for the next book gimmick) I'm thrilled about this book.

Why would you recommend or not recommend this book? Absolutely. This is the author's first book, I think, and her efforts at creating a world that is so unique must be applauded. If you are not a science fiction fan, you may find this book a little heavy but you won't have time to think about the technicalities because the characters will have you salivating for more.

Did the book description relate to the story? Yes. The description was accurate and provides readers with a clear overview about what they can expect from reading this book. Here's the bit that caught my attention, "Life and death have been industrialized. The Forge, the birthplace of every soul, is a rumbling factory owned by the goddess Time, managed by Lucifer."

Disclosure - As a Quality Reads Book Club member, I received a free copy of this book from the author via Orangeberry Book Tours in exchange for my honest review.