VickySmith

Chasing Pigeons

Chasing Pigeons - Rechell McDonald What is the single most important thing you learned from reading this book? All books need an editor. There were numerous words that were wrongly used or words that didn't fit in a sentence. For example, the author uses - "begin in on" and "smile into his kiss".

Does reading this book change the way you think? I think my book club members and I pick up a self-published book always expecting one, just one, to dazzle us and then find that most self-published books miss the mark for editing and proofreading. In other words, this book did not change the way we think.

Storywise, I liked most of it. Some sections focused too much on tell rather than show, but this is a matter of preference so I just skipped over these bits. For instance, it takes more than 10 sentences for her to explain why she is buying one particular type of jeans.

I liked the fact that the book was in present tense because it felt like the character was speaking directly to you or like it was an episode from a tv series.

Would you recommend this book to other readers? It's not a bad book, but it's not that great either. If it were tweaked a little more, I would definitely recommend it.

Disclosure - I received a free copy of the book which did not affect my honest opinion.