VickySmith

Helga: Out of Hedgelands (Wood Cow Chronicles, #1)

Helga: Out of Hedgelands (Wood Cow Chronicles, #1) - Rick   Johnson What is the single most important thing you learned from reading this book? There are no limits to a person's imagination. The characters and setting in this book were absolutely fascinating. My book club members and I were completely taken in by the world the author had created. In some ways, it felt like reading Narnia by C.S. Lewis.

Does reading this book change the way you think? At a glimpse, it is easy to say this book has no lessons for an adult reader. But the elements of courage and taking charge of a situation are lessons for the young and old. I loved the fact that Helga was such a colourful and adventurous character. She kept me entertained and I can't wait to read more about her.

Would you recommend this book to other readers? The only thing that prevents me from giving this book a full 5 stars is that some parts of it dragged. Be it through detailed descriptions or unnecessary dialogue, it was really hard to relate and connect with some of the scenes. Nevertheless, it was enjoyable book that I will recommend to people who like a good fantasy read.

Disclosure - I received a free copy of the book which did not affect my honest opinion.