VickySmith

The Druid legacy

The Druid legacy - Mark Miller What kind of book is this? This is a fantasy read suitable for young adults. Language is simple and although there are some mildly violent fight scenes, the book is suitable for anyone aged 10 and above. Readers are treated to a fantasy world of druids, orcs, goblins and the like. In some ways, this book was also educational for children because it shows how a unique person like Wesslayn makes new friends.
What was the author's purpose or purposes in writing this book? Entertainment, fantasy and education for young adults. The author has made every effort to create an imaginative plot, which is packed with action and strong character development. One thing I did not understand, alhough the characters were well described, very little description was given about settings or location of where a scene was taking place.
If you could continue the story, what events would you include? Now that Wessalyn has accepted his powers, I would love to see how he uses these powers as he grows older. I am assuming this is what will be shown in the other books in the series. Other than that, the story ended exactly where it should and the author even included an epilogue so there was closure to all the questions raised in this book.

Disclosure - As a Quality Reads Book Club member, I received a free copy of this book from the author via Orangeberry Book Tours in exchange for my honest review.